At school Ella has been learning about past, present and future. She had to write a "paper" about what she would like to be in the future. She brought it home today. It says...
"In the future I would like to be a mom. Moms have children, go shopping, boss children, call people, take care of children, go to meetings, give children spankings, put children in time out, take children to school. Moms have friends, go to church, and moms can get on the computer."
Now on the one hand, I love that Ella wants to be a mom! On the other hand, should I be worried about what she thinks that role entails?! Because this is how I interpret what she wrote..."My mom talks on the phone, goes shopping, is mean to her kids, and spends all her time with her friends, at church meetings, and on the computer." Hmmm....maybe I'm being sensitive today....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I think you may have overlooked something. One of the first things she said was that moms take care of children. I think that was a pretty all enclusive statement, lots of love goes into taking care of children. You in particular are a very loving mom, so I'm sure that's what she meant. :)
I am laughing so hard right now. That is so cute. I love the "boss children" one. Even after all that she still wants to be a mom, I think that is great!
If she thought moms were mean and didn't spend any time with their children, she wouldn't want to be a mom, you silly goose! She knows that even though you have to discipline her, you still love her. And you're being a good role model, so she too will lovingly discipline her children so you one day have respectful, kind grandchildren! How wonderful she wants to be a mother! You're doing a great job Holly!
Okay, I just read this...that's HILARIOUS! Love it!
Post a Comment