Monday, July 14, 2008
Me and My Daddy
Friday at Dave's office they had "Bring your kids to work day." Ella knew it was coming up and every morning for a week she would wake up, come in my room, and the first words out her of mouth were "Is today the day I get to go to work with Dad?" She was so excited she just couldn't wait! I was excited for her too. We've recently discussed Dad's important role in our family and how hard he works to provide for us and how we need to show him our gratitude for those things. This day came at an opportune time and I thought it would be a good chance for her to experience Dad's day and gain a better appreciation for what he does when he's not with us. So when I asked if it was fun to watch him and if she learned a little more about what he does every day I was a little disappointed when she said, "Nope!" Oh well! At least she had fun! When she got home that night I asked it she had a good day and she very excitedly said "No mom, I had a GREAT day!" And she proceeded to tell me all about the fun things she got to do. They included having pizza and koolaid with all the other kids and their parents, having her own desk right next to daddy and getting to play on pbskids.org until her heart was content, playing her leapster and sharing it with her new friend (the only other little girl there!), getting to have cake as they celebrated office birthdays that day, getting to buy a drink out of the coke machine (something she always begs to do and never gets to - although she did pick a water instead of a coke), going around and sharing a bag of candy she brought to "share with all my new friends I'll make and a few grown ups too!" and taking as many pictures as she wanted of all the cool things at Dad's office. It was a fabulous day for her. Dave said she was Miss Independent and made herself right at home. I had no doubts that she would! So here are a few pictures from Ella's camera...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
HOW FUN!!!!!!! :) Ella looks so grown up. :) :) I bet she had a BLAST!!!! J would feel so grown up if she got to do that. :)
we miss you like crazy!!
What an awesome thing! I wish Parker had a "bring your kids to class day"! I know my kids love it every time they get to go to Daddy's school - although I think you're right, it doesn't really help them grasp the idea of "work" when it's a party day!
What a cool day for her! I used to love going with my dad. I honestly thought he got paid to play all day.
That is too cute I bet she had the best time, that is so cute that they have that bring your kid to work day!!
Oh, i would have loved to do that when I was little!
Tyler works from home, so our kids really think that he gets paid to just sit at home!
Post a Comment