Wednesday, February 11, 2009

For the first time in a long time...

I did something crafty! I really do love making crafts and creating fun/cool/neat/pretty/special things. I just have lacked any time to do those things. I have a big drawer full of unfinished projects...a sewn log cabin quilt (which I can only work on under supervision from my mom since the sewing machine really is not my friend), cross stiches, scrapbooks (which I will NEVER be caught up on), ornaments, the list goes on. I even started knitting a blanket (which became so daunting to me that I decided it would be a small baby blanket for Ava's dolls!) And then there is the list of crafty things that I have yet to learn that I keep saying I'm going to start...big beautiful bows with a variety of ribbons for my girls for instance. So last night after I got all the kiddos in bed, I made this clipboard for Ella's teacher. What do you think?


And this too (although I wasn't as pleased at the outcome of this one.)
Now I've got the itch to do more. Anyone have any fun suggestions of something I could make? Or maybe I should just start with that drawer full I was just telling you about! But the thing that was so great about this was that it was a short project that I could finish in one sitting. Maybe that's the key...

5 comments:

Siouxsie said...

Those are both cute but the clipboard is uber awesome! Great job!

Toni Dee! said...

Check out my sister's blog at the "Heath & Jeri" link on my blog . . . she just did an awesome hair accessory project and did it in one day - I want to try!!!

The Thompson Family said...

I love your projects. They came out cute.

Anonymous said...

You're not caught up on your scrapbooks? What's wrong with you!? :)

joana said...

wow! i'm seriously impressed! i want a lesson on how to do that clipboard...totally cute!