I've been thinking I would post something every once in a while with the title "keeping it real" and fill you in on some of the less glamourous things that occur in the MacKillop household. Let this be the first.
Sometimes life is just not fair. I will start this out with a warning...for the easily grossed out, weak stomached people reading this, you may want to stop now (although I will try to avoid too much detail). For those that don't want to hear me bellyache, quit reading now. I generally call my sister in situations like this (ya know, the situations where I really just need to whine a little and here "ah, that stinks. I'm sorry" and don't need any kind of advice or anything else...ie the person I can feel 100% comfortable complaining too about everything and know that I won't be judged even a little) But I can't reach her because she is in class and I really feel like bellyaching now. So, here goes my rant...
7:30 Ava wakes up. She's feeling a little warm this morning and still extra snuggly. We snuggle, I give her a bottle. Life is good. I go to change her diaper; I get her legs out from her jammies and her legs and feet feel very cold and sticky and stinky, just as the jammies are. I'm thinking "Wow! She has a very wet diaper which is great because maybe she isn't as dehydrated as I was concerned about." Not the case. I pull the diaper off only to find that somehow my angel baby has mostly missed the diaper. It looked like it was put on okay. Wierd. But no biggie. I just put her in the tub for a quick wash down and we'll go on with our day. Just as I'm carrying her to the tub, she pees. Not a little. A LOT - and it's ALL OVER ME. Ugh. Okay, I'll just hop in the tub with her real quick. We get all cleaned up, hop out and get us both dressed for the day. She's still pretty lethargic but I take her in to get breakfast going. Ella by the way was being very patient and got herself a stack of books to occupy herself in the mean time. I thought, all right, we are already a little behind this morning, let me just get her and Ella a quick breakfast because I know they are both pretty hungry and Ava really just wants to go back to bed and I'll feed me something afterwards. Much to my delight, Ava really is hungry and actually eats her whole bowl of oatmeal and applesauce. YEA! Girls finish up and Ava is looking more than ready for a nap. Clean her face up, pull her out of the highchair, and suddenly I feel something all warm and squishy on my hands. Hmm, now it's on my clothes. And all over her legs. Remember that diarrhea I mentioned in my last post? Yeah...it so grosses me out. I frantically holler at Ella to go get wipes, a diaper and a towel and I run over to the sink, take my shirt off as fast as I can, get some warm water going and carefully try to peel Ava's clothes off without spreading poo everywhere. She is not happy. I put her in the sink and get her rinsed off. She's screaming. Once she is pretty well rinsed off, I wrap her in her towel and we go back to my room. Start all over...finish getting her all cleaned up, diapered, and dressed. Oh and I forgot to tell you that somehow my little magician missed her diaper again. "The diaper must be too small" is probably what you are thinking? But I can guarantee you, it's not. She just works wonders! So while I'm dressing her and she's crying and I'm feeling all bad for ME I look down and see all the little bruises from our fun trip to the urgent care the other night. The guilt kicks in and I just hold her close and sing her a little song. She is soooo ready to go down. I take her back to her room (she's already mostly asleep in my arms) and I lay her down. The crib sheet is cold and wet. There was a bottle in there that leaked. Why did the bottle leak? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Is this a joke? Is there a hidden camera somewhere in my house today that is going to put me on tv and make me lots of money? I hope not, because I still haven't gotten a shirt back on me. Or is this for real? I have no patience at this point. It's 8:45, I still haven't eaten and have I ever told you how when I am pregnant and hungry I need to eat NOW? I don't know what it is, but when I am pregnant I cannot wait. Baby must be hungry huh? So I'm a bad mom and lay Ava down on the opposite side of the crib where it's not wet and hope that she won't roll over to the other side. I leave and head to the kitchen to finish cleaning up the poop mess. Some of you may recall hearing me say that this has been my easiest pregnancy thus far. I stand by that. Only really foul smells set me off, and just as you guessed it, this is one of those smells. I don't get very far into cleaning up before I am puking in the sink. At least I haven't had breakfast yet, right?! So I finish that, go brush my teeth, and go back to the cleaning up. It's almost done, but I stopped to bellyache and give my stomach a few minutes to settle down. I don't want to eat as I have no appetite now, but know that I have to. I'm feeling a little guilty now as I think about my baby laying in her crib in a little romper trying to get over a nasty virus. I can't leave her in there and risk her rolling over onto the cold wet sheet that isn't going to help her get any better any faster. I better go change it. She is not going to like it. And I guess I better go finish cleaning the poop mess up and get me some breakfast. I've got Ella watching cartoons... I really hope this isn't any indication of how our day is going to go. Wish me luck...I feel I will need it today. But now that I've got this out, I do feel a little better. Very little. But that's okay. Thanks for listening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I hope your day DRASTICALLY improves. Rough morning@
Sooo sorry for the rough morning. It is days like that when I throw in the towel, get some GREAT treats, great movies, great PJ's and call it a "sick day." I hope your day gets better!! We're thinking about you from KY!!! :)
Hey Holly, sorry for a messy start, but I just had to post and say congratulations. I had no idea you were pregnant. When are you due. We are due any day now (well, actually June 8, but I'm 3cm and on bedrest).
I didn't know you were pregnant. Congratulations!! Isn't nice to know that not every day is like this? Makes you appreciate the easy days a lot more.
Ahh! Oh my this has been a very difficult week for me and I feel for you. Hope that the rest of your week has been better.
Post a Comment