Posing for mom...
(and now you see why I am contemplating investing in Photoshop!)

Ella is turning into such a beautiful young lady. I think she felt that way too as was demonstrated by her behavior in Sacrament meeting this Easter morning. Our chapel seemed extraordinarily loud to me right before church began; I was so proud of Ella to see her walk in so reverently, sit down, cross her legs and fold her arms...and stay that way! And did I mention that I didn't tell her to do that?! Aside from everything we've talked about, I know she could feel that this was a special day.
After a hair play date with a great friend, I have learned that cute hair is more about playing with it until you like it versus specific styles. So this is what we came up with for Ella Sunday morning...

Egg hunt...

Egg hunt...
Ava was more than pleased with her 6 little eggs. And thrilled when she discovered what was inside of them!






Baskets from Grandma Bunny... (I wish I had gotten better pics of the baskets. My mom does beautiful baskets.)

I loved seeing my little man stuff his face in this soft stuffed animal over and over again. It was so sweet!


Saturday afternoon was our annual egg coloring with the cousins at Grandma's house. We love that Grandma does this for us every year!!


This weekend Dave said "Holy cow, we have 3 kids! We're a real family!" I know I have mentioned me saying this on the blog before. It made me laugh to hear him say it 7 months later! I think so often we are wrapped up in the day to day stuff and just doing what we've got to do and then every once in a while we get this reality check and it just hits us...we do have 3 kids, we are a family. And I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love having traditions like this and hope that as my children grow up, they will always remember Easter at Grandma's house with all their cousins. Thanks for keeping up this tradition Grandma! We love you!








4 comments:
Holly, I wish you lived closer to me. I miss all the craftiness I used to do. The only person who got a new outfit for Easter was Mellie and I even forgot to buy her spring shoes. I need your crafty vibes to come over here and get me going again :)
Too cute. I love the coordinating outfits. We blew off an Easter outfit for James this year as we knew we wouldn't be going to church that day. Steve's little boy looks SO much like Charlie. Thanks for posting pics of all the kids.
LOVED the easter outfits! your kids are adorable! and your camping adventure looked way cool. what a fun mom you are!
The Easter outfits were amazing Holly and Ella's hair was a beautiful creation too. Glad you have so much fun as a mom- you make it look easy (some days amyway ;-)
Post a Comment